Friday 12 March 2010

So, how did I find Google's Blogspot?

Well, I'd been trying hard to promote my site in order to get it high in the Google rankings, but for the best of my keywords I was always below worldsfunniestvideo.blogspot.com. Nice plug, eh?

One day I decided to take a look at this site to try and find out why it consistently beat my site in the Google rankings whilst using the same keywords as my site. The site is nicely laid out with direct links to YouTube videos and other appealing stuff.

But, I couldn't for the life of me see how it could be better in some of the more unusual keywords that I tried. So, on a different tack, I decided to try a search for blogspot.com in the whois database. Lo and behold, the site domain was owned by Google! Stone me, in all that time I had no idea that blogspot.com belonged to Google, and that it offered a free blog hosting service.

So, thanks again worldsfunniestvideo.blogspot.com, you made me sit up and open my eyes to the fact that I was being beaten in the Google rankings by a Google-owned site! Duh..

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment